Sunday, March 24, 2013

Family: My Husband's First Knitting Project!

My husband is incredible. ^.^ He learned to knit just this past February. As soon as he got the hang of it he started finding it more and more gratifying. I kept all the little swatches he had made and each one got better. His tension became more relaxed and consistant. I was in awe of how quickly he was progressing. Then he was up for a challenge... A first project.

So I found this book in the library called Knits Men Want by Bruce Weinstein (that I have since ordered on amazon and am now waiting patiently for it's arrival ^.^...) and in this book my husband decided on his first project... The "Reversible Cable Scarf" and as you can see... He's doing a pretty awesome job so far.

The book is fun, witty and it has some great knitting patterns (my husband and I looked through it together and with the exception of one or two items, there wasn't anything in the book he wouldn't wear. woot!) But the really great thing about this book is that not only does it give advice on what men like (and don't like) in clothing or accessories, but it gives you the reasons why... And you know what? All the explanations made perfect sense... And THAT is what I absolutely love about this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment