Wednesday, January 30, 2013

An On-Going Project: A Sampler Scarf

So I decided to learn and brush up on some knitting stitches. My husband had an interesting suggestion. He asked if there was such a thing as a sampler for knitting. I had no idea. So I looked it up on ravelry and found scarves and blankets with different "samples" of stitched squares. Then I had this neat idea of taking my favourite stitches and making my own scarf.

I was inspired by my love of short stories. Quickly read and then done. Then on to the next story… So I thought I would create a scarf that combined all my favourite stitches on one medium/narrow scarf. Then I don’t get bored doing the same thing over and over again. This scarf gives me a nice break from the monotony. And so... TA DAH!

My "Short Stories" Sampler Scarf
is now in the process of being made I can't wait to finish it! I'm finding a whole bunch of cool stitch patterns and it's coming together nicely! 

Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment