Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Me: SCORE! New Yarns, New Coat, & New Robe!

What a FANTASTIC day!

I went downtown during my son's preschool time and stopped by the Beehive Woolshop. I needed to browse for some yarn for a project I'm knitting up for a friend. What a fantastic store! My mind was swimming in inspiration! But then I noticed on the "50% off wall" was the yarn I had bought after Christmas that I splurged on. It was the most beautiful yarn. Variegated lavender & grey. It's regular price was $25.95/hank and there it was... reduced to $12.98 (SCORE 1). There were three left so I scooped them all. Woot! Now I just need to figure out what to do with them. ^.^

Also... I decided I needed more colour in my life/wardrobe so I picked up a hank of a merino/cashmere blend yarn in... wait for it... butterscotch yellow! It was on sale for $7.95 from regular price $14.95 (SCORE 2). You see, the last memory I have of EVER wearing yellow was when I was a baby. So with spring just on the horizon... One small step in yarn... One GIANT leap for me!



And so, rounding out the day...

After my son's swimming lesson, He and I went to a clothing store and I found a teal wool coat (regular price: $70) on sale for $20 (SCORE 3)


AND last... but certainly not least...

Walking through Winners after dinner I stumbled upon a "Hello Kitty" hooded robe (in that thick baby-minkie fabric) on clearance for $13... (Super SCORE 4)
Here, of course, is the BEST thing about it!

Today was the BEST shopping day I've had in a long time... So I'm gonna savour this moment. I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up and knitting while I'm wearing the luxurious hooded robe... Ahhh... life, she is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment