Monday, January 21, 2013

Knit Project: Stuff I'm Making...

The Rae Scarf - by Jane Richmond

I am so in LOVE with this scarf. I'm in the process of knitting up my third one. ^.^ It's a classic scarf and simple to knit.

     The first one was done using Lion Brand: Martha Stewart merino yarn in "pewter." I wanted to try out the pattern on a thicker yarn so I could easily see how the pattern worked. I had to alter the pattern a bit because was running out of yarn. :( But it knitted up quickly and It's thick and warm. Good first try it think. Sorry about the picture. The lighting was terrible and so was my camera :(
     



    The second one was made using Aslan Trends: Royal Alpaca yarn in "plum." I knitted it using a larger needle so it has more drape. It's incredibly soft and light but warm and cozy too. Perfect for the transition from winter to spring.






    And finally (for now... ~.^ ) I'm in the process of knitting my third Rae scarf with Regia Design Line Hand-dye Effect by Kaffe Fassett in "fog."  It's a light sock-yarn and I'm using a slightly larger needle for a lighter scarf. The hand-dye effect is beautiful on this yarn. Going through varying shades of grey. From light pewter grey to yellowy grey to a lavender grey... it looks just like fog. It will be light and lovely for spring and summer.




    Knowing me I will knit up at least twelve of these scarves... Three per season should be enough for me... Lol!

    ~.^

    No comments:

    Post a Comment